Following government advice about coronavirus (COVID-19), Grangewaters is closed from Tuesday 24 March until further notice. Your safety and that of our staff is our highest priority. If you already have a booking, please contact us so we can rearrange your activity date or refund your payment.
Grangewaters outdoor education centre
The outdoor adventurous activities at Grangewaters can:
- keep children and adults active
- challenge and promote self-confidence and self-esteem
Grangewaters provides a variety of different programs, courses or single sessions. These range from a 2-hour session to a whole academic year.
The level and duration of the activities are designed to meet the age, ability and expectations of the group taking part. An inclusive approach allows for the needs of individuals to be taken into account, whilst at the same time excluding nobody from the potential benefits and rewards.
Outdoor education also develops a significant contribution to the needs of the national curriculum through citizenship provision. At key stage 3, outdoor education contributes by enabling young people to:
- develop personally and socially
- increase their self-reliance, self discipline, social responsibility and spirit of adventure
- co-operate and compete, learning responsible behaviour and to distinguish between that which is good, bad and anti-social
- develop a value for and sensitivity towards individual differences
- learn about diet, nutrition and the short and long-term benefits of healthy activity
- apply knowledge in solving practical and real life problems
- work in groups, taking on different roles such as leader or organiser, taking responsibility for carrying through a task with others, facing up to challenges and taking decisions democratically
- practice skills of reflection, evaluating and improving their own performance
Grangewaters has developed an extensive series of different taster sessions and programmes to encompass this learning, making good use of all our facilities and expertise. If you would like more information on any of the programmes on offer please get in touch.
: 01708 855 228
The centre is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, and for pre-booked activities at weekends.
Our office is open from 9am to 3pm, Monday to Friday, for bookings and enquiries.