Private housing assessments

Private housing service request

If your landlord or agent is not dealing with repairs when you report a problem, you can tell us using the link below.

Report a problem with private rented housing

You should answer all questions as fully as possible and send us a copy of your tenancy agreement, together with any other relevant information.

We will contact your landlord or agent and tell them about the concerns. We will then arrange to inspect the property. Hopefully your landlord or agent will contact us at this early stage so we can start working together to solve the problems.

We work with landlords to make sure basic housing standards are met so you can remain in the property – we do not help you move you to a different property or council housing.

Private housing matters are dealt with our Private Housing service.

Private Housing service
Thurrock Council, Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL


Tenancy agreement, rent and debt advice

Our Private Housing service cannot deal with enquiries about your tenancy agreement, rent deposit or debt. If you need advice on any of these matter, the Citizens Advice Bureau may be able to help you:

Citizens Advice Braintree and South Essex – Thurrock
Voluntary and Community Resource Centre, High Street, Grays, RM17 6XP

: 0808 278 7877

Citizens Advice Braintree and South Essex – Thurrock.

You can also get housing and tenancy advice from the housing charity, Shelter: