Housing repairs and improvements

Reporting repairs

We carry out emergency repairs and urgent, non-urgent and batch repairs.

Unless your request is about a gas leak or blocked sewer, you can contact us to ask for a repair.

You should read our damp and mould information pages before reporting this to us. If there is any sign of dampness or excessive mould in your home, you should contact our repairs service without delay.

Housing repairs

: 0800 074 0169

: repairs@thurrock.gov.uk

This line is free to call and open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Emails will be answered within 48 hours, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

If the repair is reported out of normal working hours it will be made safe or secure until a permanent repair can be made.

Gas leak

To report a gas leak, contact Cadent (formerly the National Grid).

Cadent – report a gas leak

: 0800 111 999

Blocked sewer

To report a blocked sewer to your property contact Anglian Water.

Anglian water – report a blocked sewer

: 08457 145 145

This is a 24-hour hotline and will cost the same as a local call.

DIY repairs

For some minor repairs, you may be able to 'do it yourself' (DIY).

The videos linked below were created by our housing contractor, Mears, on the Vimeo website. They are provided only as a guide for tenants who may wish to undertake minor DIY repairs or checks rather than wait for one of our contractors to attend your property.

These guidance videos are not part of our repairs policy. It will be your responsibility if you cause any further damage while attempting a DIY repair yourself, but you can contact our housing repairs service, above, for advice if this happens.

It is your responsibility to make sure you don't put your own safety, or the safety of others, at risk – if you're in any doubt as to whether you can carry out a task safely, you should contact our housing repairs service.