Stop the Hate – report It to sort It.
Hate crime can be motivated by prejudice about:
- race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality or national origins, including prejudice against Gypsies and Travellers
- religion and belief, including no faith
- transgender or gender identity, transphobia, the resentment or fear of transgender people, transsexuals or transvestites
- sexual orientation, homophobia, the resentment or fear of gay, lesbian and bisexual people
- disability, including sensory, physical, mental impairment or learning difficulties
Hate crime can take many forms, including:
- threatening behaviour
- damage to property
- inciting others to commit hate crimes
Go to Essex Police: Hate Crime for more information.