Exporting from Thurrock

APHA export health certificates

The government's Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) oversees export health certificates.

Our information on types of export health certificate explains how to find the certificates you need.

APHA certificate to be signed by the local authority

When you apply for an APHA export health certificate, the notes on the form will tell you whether it can be signed by a local authority. We can provide this service to you.

If you wish to use our service, you must nominate Thurrock Council on your application to APHA before you submit it to them.

When you have submitted your application to APHA, you will receive an APHA reference number. You must then complete the form below, including the APHA reference number, and send it to us.

Once APHA has processed your application, they will send the export health certificate to us so it can be signed by an authorised officer.

We cannot sign an APHA export health certificate if your export has already left the UK.

Service fee

There is a fee for this service – check our current fees and charges.

Go to how we process your application.