Some online council tax services will not be available from 4pm, Friday 6 March until 8am, Monday 9 March. This is so we can create our council tax annual bills. Services affected are council tax registration, council tax account view, council tax eBilling and council tax move – we apologise for any inconvenience. You can still pay your council tax online.
Changes to your circumstances affecting council tax
You must let us know of any changes to your circumstances that would affect your council tax billing. This includes any:
- change of name
- change of property address
- change of billing address
- change to the people in your household
- change of property ownership – for example, if you are moving house
Use our online My Account services to:
- tell us if you are moving to Thurrock, or are a new occupier in Thurrock
- tell us if you are moving home within Thurrock
- tell us if you are moving away from Thurrock
Login to My Account below. You can create an account if you don't already have one.
You will need to tell us things like:
- your name, address and contact details
- your council tax account number
- name of council tax payer
- details of change
Use My Account if you also need to apply for a single person discount or update your details. You can create an account if you don't already have one.
You can use the forms below to tell us about other changes to your circumstances.