Freedom of information response

Fire Tests

Publication date: 
Monday 20 May 2019

1. Please disclose the fire tests that have taken place (name of the test), and the dates of each of them, since mid-June 2017 on doors at the Council's residential properties. 

2. Please reveal which models of which manufacturers were tested in each test, any other models and manufacturers at the properties involved in the test (each one in turn) that were not tested at that time, of those doors that were tested, please reveal whether they passed the test or did not pass the test. 

3. Please reveal which of the tests were carried out by the fire service. 

4. What issues were identified on each test? 

5. Please reveal any advice sought by the Council from trading standards in relation to any faulty doors and disclose what the advice from trading standards was, for example the Council's rights against suppliers or how to get the doors replaced or repaired, and when was the advice sought?


In accordance with Freedom of Information request on 8233, which is available on Thurrock Council’s website:, the council is continuing to liaise with applicable door manufactures in relation to products that have previously been installed in the council’s housing stock. The council actively reviews publications released by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government and other industry bodies to ensure the council takes any appropriate action necessary.

At this stage it has not been required to have any fire doors independently assessed however, should this position change Thurrock Council are fully prepared and willing to commission any assessments that become applicable.

You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes.  However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.

Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.

If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your request you can pursue an independent review by contacting us at the above address and your request will be considered by the Information Manager who will update you with the outcome. 

You may also wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office, details of this organisation can be found at Alternatively they can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.

Request reference:
FOI 8989