Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 022, 2020
Stonehouse Lane, Purfleet
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling southbound along Stonehouse Lane between Arterial Road Roundabout (Junction 31) and Dolphin Way
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable the installation of Variable Message Signs to be carried out.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is westbound on Arterial Road, Purfleet Bypass and Stonehouse Lane.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 6 April 2020 for 2 nights between the hours of 10pm and 6am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however, the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.