Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 130, 2019
Stifford Hill, South Ockendon
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Stifford Hill between its junctions with Stifford Road (Ford Place) and Stifford Hill roundabout.
2) The purpose of this Notice is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
3) The alternative route southbound vehicles coming from South Road, is right into West Road, left into Arisdale Avenue, Daiglen Drive, turning right at the lights onto Stifford Road, Aveley Bypass, Sandy Lane, left onto New Road (Old A1306), across the two roundabouts to Arterial Road, across junction 31 continuing onto Arterial Road, (A1306), Pilgrims lane, and vice versa for northbound vehicles.
4) This Notice will come into force immediately, 23 December 2019 at 10:30am It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. It is anticipated that the works will be completed by 31 December 2019.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Notice will continue in force for a period not exceeding 21 days or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.