Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 125, 2019
Pilgrims Lane, North Stifford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Pilgrims Lane between Davy Down roundabout and Pilgrims Lane roundabout.
3) The purpose of this Notice is for reasons of safety.
4) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Arterial Road, (West Thurrock), Junction 31 roundabout, Arterial Road (Purfleet), A1306 New Road, Sandy Lane, Aveley Bypass, Stifford Road, Daiglen Drive, Arisdale Avenue, West Road, and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
5) The Notice will be in force for 21 days from 3pm on Tuesday 17 December 2019, although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.