Temporary Prohibition of Traffic
Order number: 129, 2019
Orsett Road, Stanley Road, Clarence Road, Bridge Road and Derby Road, Grays
The Borough Council of Thurrock (Orsett Road, Stanley Road, Clarence Road, Bridge Road and Derby Road – Grays) Thurrock Borough Council (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) No.129 Order 2019.
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit vehicles from travelling along Orsett Road between its junctions with Derby Road and Cart Lane
- prohibit vehicles from travelling along Stanley Road between Orsett Road and Clarence Road
- prohibit vehicles travelling eastbound on Clarence Road between its junctions with Stanley Road and Bridge Road
- prohibit vehicles travelling northbound on Bridge Road between its junctions with Orsett Road and Clarence Road
- temporarily revoke the one way system on Bedford Road
- temporarily suspend the double yellow lines on Stanley Road between Orsett Road and Clarence Road
- temporarily suspend parking bays on the north side of the carriageway on Bedford Road, and introduce "No waiting and Loading"
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out improvements to Grays Town Centre. The Prohibitions allow Thurrock Council to put in place a one way system around Bridge Road, Clarence Road, Derby Road and Orsett Road, between Derby Road and Bridge Road to allow an easier flow of traffic.
3) The alternative routes for vehicles travelling westbound on Orsett Road will be Bridge Road, Clarence Road and Orsett Road, and eastbound vehicles will be Eastern Way, Crown Road and Stanley Road. Access will be maintained from Hogg Lane Roundabout through to Cart Lane for residents and businesses. The Alternative route for vehicles accessing Stanley Road will be via Bedford Road, using the one way system of Bridge Road, Clarence Road and then into Bedford Road.
4) The Order will come into force from 16 January 2020 at 9:30am until 27 March 2020 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the times above, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner. Any changes to dates will be available on http://one.network
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.
For more information, go to Grays roadworks and 2-way system.