Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
Temporary Prohibition of Traffic
Order number: 013, 2020
Milton Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit vehicles from travelling along Milton Road from its junction with Orsett Road for approximately 25m
- temporarily revoke the one way system on Milton Road, between Orsett Road and Hampden Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out ducting work and carriageway resurfacing.
3) The Alternative route for vehicles accessing Milton Road will be via Hathaway Road and Hampden Road.
4) The Order will come into force from Monday 9 March at 9:30am until Friday 27 March 2020 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the times above, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner. Any changes to dates will be available on http://one.network
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.