Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 017, 2020
Marshfoot Road, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following notice:
- prohibition of vehicular traffic in Marshfoot Road, Chadwell St Mary, approximately 288m northwest of The Gateway Academy for a distance approximately 100m
3) The purpose of the notice is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Marshfoot Road, Chadwell Hill, Linford Road, Muckingford Road, East Tilbury Road, Buckingham Hill Road, Stanford Road, Orsett Cock Interchange, A13 westbound, A1089 Dock Approach Road, Marshfoot Road Off slip and for eastbound vehicles Marshfoot Road onto A1089 southbound, Asda Roundabout to travel northbound on A1089 Dock Approach Road, A13 eastbound, Orsett Cock Interchange, Stanford Road, Buckingham Hill Road, East Tilbury Road, Muckingford Road, Linford Road, Chadwell Hill.
5) The Notice will be in force for 21 days from 11am on Monday 24 February 2020, although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. It is anticipated that the works will be completed by Friday 28 February 2020.