Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 127, 2019
Lower Dunton Road, Bulphan
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Lower Dunton Road, Bulphan, from the entrance to Langdon Hills Golf Club for approximately 400 metres in a northerly direction.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable connecting works and tarmacking to be carried out on behalf of The Redrow Development.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is B1007 South Hill, B1007 High Road, High Road, Florence Way, Mandeville Way, B148 West Mayne, Lower Dunton Road and for southbound vehicles north out of Lower Dunton Road onto West Mayne, around the A127 roundabout to travel south on B148 West Mayne, Mandeville Way, Florence Way, High Road, B1007 High Road, B1007 South Hill.
4) The Order will come into force on Wednesday 22 January 2020 at 8am for a period of 3 days. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.