Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 018, 2020
London Road, West Thurrock
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from turning left out of the access road adjacent to Wyldecrest Parks (857 London Road)
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out remedial works in the carriageway.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is eastbound London Road, Weston Avenue, around Weston Avenue Roundabout to travel back down Weston Avenue, and then London Road westbound.
4) The Order will come into force on Friday 13 March 2020 for 4 days. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.