Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 011, 2020
London Road, Purfleet
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling westbound on London Road from its junctions with Stonehouse Corner Roundabout and Jurgen Road.
- temporarily revoke the 7.5tn weight limit on London Road, Purfleet and Tank Hill Road.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out barrier repairs on the southern verge at Stonehouse Corner Roundabout.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Purfleet Bypass, Arterial Road, New Tank Hill Road, Tank Hill Road and London Road.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 2 March 2020 for 3 nights between the hours of 9pm and 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.