Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 128, 2019
London Road, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
Prohibition of vehicular traffic using the filter lane to turn right from London Road, Aveley, into Purfleet Road, Aveley.
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable BT engineers to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for vehicles wishing to turn right is continue northwest on London Road, around the roundabout to travel southeast on London Road, to turn left into Purfleet Road.
5) The Notice will be in force for 21 days from 9:30am on Thursday 19 December 2019, although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. It is anticipated that the works will be completed by Friday 20 December 2019 at 5pm.