Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 001, 2020
High Street, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along High Street, Aveley, between its junctions with Lennard Row and Ship Lane.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out maintenance to their apparatus.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Mill Road, Romford Road roundabout, Aveley Bypass, Stifford Road and High Street and vice versa for westbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for businesses and residents at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Friday 31 January 2020 for one day. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.