Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 008, 2020
Hardie Park subway under A1014, The Manorway, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any pedestrians and cyclists from using Hardie Park subway.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable maintenance work to be carried out to the subway.
3) The alternative route for pedestrians and cyclists will be to use the footpath adjacent to the Manorway towards Southend Road, along Southend road into Scratton Road, Hardie Road accessing Hardie Park.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 17 February 2020 8am until Tuesday 18 February 2020 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.