Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 031, 2020
Fobbing Road, Corringham
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibition of vehicular traffic in Fobbing Road, Corringham, between its junctions with Hill Terrace and The Hawthorns
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Lampits Hill, B1420, Southend Road, Five Bells Roundabout, High Road and Lion Hill and vice versa for westbound vehicles.
5) The Notice will be in force for 21 days from 10am on Wednesday 1 April 2020, although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. It is anticipated that the works will be completed by Tuesday 7 April 2020.