Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 124, 2019
Fairfax Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
Prohibition of vehicular traffic on Fairfax Road, Grays, from its junction with Dell Road to Hathaway Road.
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable gas engineers to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Dell Road, Russell Road and Hathaway Road.
5) The Notice will be in force for 21 days from 09:00hrs on Thursday 12 December 2019, although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. It is anticipated that the works will be completed by Wednesday 18 December 2019.