Due to essential maintenance work, our online council tax, benefits, bulky waste, Register Office booking and certificate ordering services will be unavailable between 6pm, Friday 21 June and 8am, Monday 24 June. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Marriages and civil partnerships
It is possible to be married in any approved premises in England or Wales, regardless of where you reside. Go to the GOV.UK website to search for premises approved for civil marriage.
The following approved premises are all located within the Thurrock Registration Area.
Hawthorn Suite, Thurrock Register Office
- 01375 372 822 – birth or death registration
- 01375 375 245 – marriages or civil partnerships
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm – all services
- Saturday morning – ceremonies only
Our emergency out-of-hours contact service can be used for:
- emergency death registrations for timely burials in line with religious or cultural practices
- emergency marriages or civil partnerships for terminally ill residents.
The Thameside Theatre is now licensed for ceremonies. Enhanced facilities include:
- luxurious seating for up to 300 guests
- foyer and bar area
- bespoke catering available
- amazing lighting and backdrop possibilities with technical staff expertise
- front of house staff
: 0345 300 5264
Other approved premises
There are several other approved premises in Thurrock, including: